Monday, June 22, 2020 - 8 AM to 4:30 PM
Tuesday, June 23, 2020 - 8 AM to 4:30 PM
Wednesday, June 24, 2020 - 8 AM to 4:30 PM
Thursday, June 25, 2020 - 8 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday, June 26, 2020 - 8 AM to 12 Noon
Study the four pillars of Safety Management Systems (SMS) and how SMS and System Safety work together to help create a safer working environment. Discover how the application of engineering and management principles, criteria and techniques can help to lower safety risk to acceptable levels. Explore the concepts of safety climate, safety risk management, the hazard reduction matrix as well as the hazard reduction precedence.
- Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Core system safety elements; enhanced system safety elements suggested by the FTA
- Safety climate and the impact on safety performance
- Consequences of accidents and incidents
- Heinrich Ratio
- System safety; System safety as a management discipline
- Management and engineering principles; Hazard identification and resolution
- Components of the system safety management process
- Roles and activities for the safety unit and safety committee
- Employee selection criteria
- Vehicles, facilities, equipment and systems
- Human resources
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Safety and security Activities
- Threat and vulnerability analyses
- Emergency/All-hazards management
- Exercise: informal site audit (PPE required: leather upper, flat sole shoes)
- Pretest, quiz, final exam
Presented by: Transportation Safety Institute (TSI)
Who Should Attend: Agency Safety Plan (ASP) developers, implementers, and administrators, Transit Executive Managers, Human Resource Managers, Facility Managers, Risk Managers, Auditors, Design Engineering Vendors, Construction Vendors, Bus Transit Safety Managers, Safety Supervisors, Equipment Maintenance Managers, Equipment Maintenance Supervisors
Cost: $290. PPTA cancellation policy applies.
Parking: Free, on-site parking is available at rabbittransit.
Lodging: PennTRAIN has secured a block of rooms at the Wyndham Garden York, located at 2000 Loucks Road, York, PA 17408. Rooms are available at the government rate of $96/night (plus taxes and fees) on the nights of June 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25. Click here to book online, or call 717-846-9500 to book over the phone (be sure to ask for the PPTA block). The room block will be released on June 7, 2020.
Meals: Lunch and breaks will be provided during the training. Complimentary breakfast is available to those staying overnight at the Wyndham Garden York. Please inform Sara Bowden at firstname.lastname@example.org of any dietary restrictions at least one week in advance.
Attire: Casual. Because it can be a challenge to keep the meeting room at a temperature that accommodates everyone, we recommend bringing a sweater or jacket to stay comfortable. Attendees will be in the bus yard on Thursday afternoon and should dress appropriately.
Available Seats: 30
rabbittransit is located at:
415 N Zarfoss Drive, York, PA 17404