Tuesday, February 4, 2020 - 8 AM to 5 PM
Wednesday, February 5, 2020 - 8AM to 5 PM
Thursday, February 6, 2020 - 8 AM to 4 PM
The Vehicle Maintenance Management and Inspection (VMMI) training program promotes the community transportation industry’s commitment to safe, reliable transportation through building up the professional skills of maintenance personnel and managers. This three-day program is designed to improve the maintenance oversight of fleets. It is based on an established maintenance training curriculum developed by Halsey King of Halsey King and Associates and applied to countless vehicle fleets nationwide, to which CTAA has added a layer of testing, certification and performance quality.
The course outline for this program is as follows:
- Practical and legal reasons for proper inspection and preventive maintenance
- DOT requirements - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- DOT requirements – Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Principles of vehicle safety inspection
- Hands-on training of vehicle safety inspection
- Vehicle safety inspection testing
- Relationship between maintenance and operations
- The manager’s role in maintenance
- Cost centers of fleet maintenance
- Efficient and effective forms and reporting
- How technology helps maintenance management
- Manufacturers’ standards and expectations
- Maintenance outsourcing - when and how to manage it
- Review and final examination
Presented by: Halsey King, SAE of Halsey King and Associates
Cost: $290. PPTA cancellation policy applies.
Parking: Free, ample street parking is available at the Trolleyworks Conference Room.
Lodging: PennTRAIN has secured a block of rooms at the Fairfield by Marriott, located at 2915 Pleasant Valley Boulevard, Altoona, PA 16602. Rooms are available at the discounted rate of $96 per night, plus taxes and fees, on the nights of February 3, 4, and 5. Click here to book online, or call 814-946-0422 to book over the phone (mention PennTRAIN to receive the discounted rate). Rooms will be released on January 20.
Meals: Lunch and breaks will be provided during the training. Please inform Sara Bowden at firstname.lastname@example.org of any dietary restrictions at least one week in advance.
Attire: Casual. Because it can be a challenge to keep the meeting room at a temperature that accommodates everyone, we recommend bringing a sweater or jacket to stay comfortable.
Attendance Cap: 20
The Trolleyworks Conference Room at Altoona Metro Transit is located at:
3316 5th Ave, Altoona, PA 16602