8 AM to 4 PM Monday to Thursday, 8 AM to Noon on Friday
The Transportation Learning Center’s (TLC) Train the Trainer program is a five day program that improves the effectiveness of trainers and the material they present at a time when agencies need to vastly improve the skills and knowledge of their frontline workforce.
During the course, participants will learn:
- The characteristics of adult learners and how they learn
- Adult learning instructional techniques successfully used by the Center’s Consortium member agencies
- Basic instructional skills, including presenting content, answering questions, leading lively discussions, managing audio visual aids, and monitoring class time
- Presentation skills and confidence building
- Communications techniques to engage learners and foster learning
- How to conduct lab and hands-on exercise to aid trainees’ learning
Click here to view the agenda at a glance
Cost: $290. PPTA cancellation policy applies.
Parking: Information on parking will be posted here when it is available.
Lodging: PennTRAIN has secured a block of rooms at the Wyndham Garden York, located at 2000 Loucks Road, York, PA 17408. Rooms are available at the discounted rate of $96/night (plus taxes and fees) on the nights of June 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18. Click here to book online, or call 717-846-9500 to book over the phone (mention Pennsylvania Public Transportation Association to secure the group rate). The deadline to book a room is June 1, 2020.
Meals: Lunch and breaks will be provided during the training. Complimentary breakfast is available to those staying overnight at the Wyndham Garden York. Please inform Sara Bowden at firstname.lastname@example.org of any dietary restrictions at least one week in advance.
Available Seats: 10
rabbittransit is located at:
415 N Zarfoss Drive, York, PA 17404