Only 24 seats, so Register Now.
Three NGVI CNG Classes in One! Hands-on learning at LANTA.
- Heavy-Duty NGV Maintenance and Diagnostics Training
- CNG Fuel System Inspector Training
- CNG Fuel System Inspector Certification
Dates: Monday, June 20 - Friday, June 24, 2022
Monday - Thursday, 10 AM to 4 PM. Friday only 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cost: $450 per person. (Regularly $3000 per person)
Cancellation policy: PennTRAIN is covering 85% of this course, per person. If you sign up for this course and cancel after June 3 or you do not show up for the class, your agency will be charged the full rate of $3000. The registration form has a place for you to accept these conditions.
Registration Deadline: June 3, 2022 and fully paid.
Allentown, PA to deliver our Heavy-Duty NGV Maintenance and Diagnostics Training to up to 24 students on Monday and Tuesday, June 20-21, 2022, our CNG Fuel System Inspector Training for up to 24 students on Wednesday and Thursday, June 22-23, 2022 and our CNG Fuel System Inspector Certification for up to 24 students on Friday, June 24, 2022.
Location: LANTA, 1060 Lehigh Street, Allentown, PA
Hotel: Four Points by Sheraton Allentown Lehigh Valley, 3712 Hamilton Blvd, Allentown, Pennsylvania 18103 for $109 USD per night.
Here is the hotel reservation link: Book your group rate for PennTRAIN
To receive the $109 rate, you must book by May 19, 2022. The rate is good for Sunday, June 19 - Friday, June 24, 2022.
***The rooms are KING rooms - they have ONE KING BED. Most have a pull out couch in the room, in case you bring family.
***PennTRAIN Breakfast coupon included for the CLASS PARTICIPANT. If you bring your family, you will be responsible for their meals, not PennTRAIN.
Descriptions of each of the class sections:
1. Heavy-Duty NGV Maintenance and Diagnostics Training
The number one challenge facing heavy-duty NGV technicians is how to distinguish between a fuel quality problem, a fuel system problem or an engine problem. This course is the only training available that treats these three elements as a system and helps technicians understand how they are interrelated. Emphasis is placed on the safety knowledge and repair practices that are unique for Cummins heavy-duty natural gas engines. The course covers the components of all CNG fuel systems (regardless of manufacturer), as well as all Cummins 6.7 Liter, 9 Liter and 12 Liter natural gas engines.
The learning objectives for this course include:
- Recognize the complex relationships between fuel properties, fuel system, engine, and exhaust aftertreatment system for heavy-duty natural gas vehicles
- Describe the maintenance, diagnostics, and repair recommendations for the low- and high-pressure components of a CNG fuel system
- Summarize the function of fuel system diagnostics integration systems
- Recognize the conditions that require defueling versus depressurizing CNG fuel systems
- Identify the unique components and explain the operation of Cummins natural gas engines and exhaust aftertreatment systems
- Define maintenance intervals and required procedures unique to Cummins natural gas engines
- Determine diagnostic tools required for Cummins natural gas engines
- Interpret data for electrical related issues
- Diagnose common engine malfunctions
2. Live CNG Fuel System Inspector Training
The CNG Fuel System Inspector Training (“Course”) is a two-day course intended to fully prepare your technicians to become qualified Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Fuel System Inspectors as recommended by FMVSS and NGV2. The Course teaches attendees the proper techniques for inspecting the entire onboard CNG fuel system, including fuel storage cylinders. The Course also provides instruction on satisfying the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration requirement that all on-board vehicle CNG fuel storage cylinders be visually inspected every three years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first, and after any vehicle accident or fire. In short, your technicians will learn the proper methods to use to ensure vehicle fuel system safety and integrity.
The learning objectives for this course include:
- Describe the properties and characteristics of natural gas
- Identify the four types of CNG cylinders, their construction methods, certification requirements, current and past manufacturers
- Identify the causes of cylinder failure
- Identify all codes and standards that apply to CNG cylinders and other fuel system components
- Identify all CNG high-pressure components, and their purpose
- Identify and assess CNG cylinder and fuel system installations
- Interpret all information from a CNG cylinder label
- Describe the steps and methods to safely perform a CNG fuel system inspection in conformance with established standards
- Describe the final disposition process for CNG cylinders and fuel system components
- Describe the defueling options for CNG powered vehicles
3. CNG Fuel System Inspector Online Certification Exam
NGVi’s CNG Fuel System Inspector Certification provides an independent assessment of the knowledge and application of skills necessary for technicians to competently conduct a CNG fuel system inspection according to all applicable codes and standards, and industry best practices. Certification designates that participants have sufficiently demonstrated the work-related knowledge, skills and competencies required to perform the tasks of a CNG fuel system inspector.
This NGVi CNG Fuel System Inspector Certification exam consists of 60 multiple choice questions and participants will have 3 hours to complete the exam. A minimum score of 80% is required to obtain certification. Certification is valid for 5 years from the date of issue.
Client will receive notification of test results within 2 weeks of the exam date. Participants who successfully pass the exam will be mailed an official ID card and certificate. Participants who do not pass the exam will be allowed one complimentary re-take. The options for re-take include:
- Registering to participate in a scheduled live testing session in our headquarters in Las Vegas;
- Registering to participate in a scheduled live testing session in any of our public training venues; or
- Registering for our online exam.
Please note that the entire testing process will be video recorded and participants will be expected to:
- Present photo identification to verify identity prior to the start of the exam;
- Remain silent during the exam;
- Remain seated in the testing room until the exam has been submitted;
- Forego use of electronic devices; and
- Bring no study materials into the testing room.
If any of these requirements are not followed, the individual’s exam will be declared invalid; participant will fail, and will not be eligible for the complimentary re-take. Refunds will not be made for failure to follow the testing procedure.
Please be aware that the exam will include questions relating to all applicable national codes, standards and industry best practices. Though not mandatory, we suggest that students obtain copies of NFPA 52 (2016 and 2013), as well as CGA C-6.4, in order to thoroughly prepare for the exam.
Register NOW: https://ppta.wildapricot.org/event-4805578